In recent years, with the improvement of people's living standards and the enhancement of awareness of health and environmental protection, the application of disposable sanitary products has shown an increasing trend. In order to reduce the impact on the environment, people have developed innovative environmental protection materials, and biomass adhesives is one of them. This paper introduces the characteristics and advantages of bio based glue.
Biomass adhesives refer to hot-melt adhesives containing more than 25% of bio based polymers, with the certification mark of biological substrate. The colloid is 100% solid (without solvent and water), used in the molten state, and has strong adhesion after curing. However, it is not completely biodegradable. It has the following advantages:
(1) Reduce the consumption of petroleum based materials.
(2) Reduce carbon emissions. Its carbon emission is 22% lower than that of traditional hot melt adhesive.
(3) The cohesion is higher than that of non biological adhesive.
(4) It can be coated at low temperature with a viscosity of 4300mpa S hot melt adhesive as an example, the coating temperature of bio based adhesive is 140 ℃, and the coating temperature is lower than that of non bio based adhesive.
Dm9830u hot melt adhesive developed by Henkel, which contains more than 50% of degradable polylactic acid, has the following advantages compared with typical non biomass adhesives:
(1) High viscosity retention
After aging, the viscosity retention rate of dm9830u is 86%, while that of non biological adhesive is about 50%.
(2) Low softening point
The coating temperature and softening point of dm9830u at the same viscosity are lower than that of ordinary hot melt adhesive.
(3) High T-shaped stripping force
At 10 ℃, the peel force of dm9830u is lower than that of non biological adhesive, and at other temperatures, its peel force is higher than that of non biological adhesive.
(4) The large spiral is neatly coated
It can be seen from the figure of large spiral coating that the whole arc of dm9830u hot melt adhesive coating is relatively regular.
(5) It is more suitable for bonding polylactic acid non-woven fabrics
When used for bonding polylactic acid non-woven fabrics, the coating temperature of dm9830u is 140 ℃, and the peel force can reach 220g/25mm, which is much higher than that of non biological adhesive.
(6) High aging resistance
At 50 ℃, after 2 weeks of aging, the peel force was tested, and it can be seen that the aging resistance of dm9830u is relatively good.
(7) Low odor and good thermal stability.
The outbreak of COVID-19 has prompted a sharp increase in the use of disposable medical and health products. In order to reduce the impact of waste on the environment, people's demand for recyclable and biodegradable environmental protection products has further increased, so the birth of biomass adhesives. Understanding the characteristics and advantages of bio based glue is conducive to the better use of this new material.